Registration is required for all conference participants.
Registration for SICE2018 can be made through the online registration or on-site at the conference registration desk.
For inquiries regarding registration, please contact
(Please replace "[at]" by @).
The online registration system for SICE 2018 is operated by JTB (Japan Tourist Bureau) and can be reached here.
The deadline for early registration is August 1, 2018.
The deadline for online registration is 17:00 of August 31, 2018, Japan Standard Time (GMT+9).
Since there are not so many restaurants and cafeterias near the conference venue, we recommend the participants to order their lunchboxes through the online registration website.
- The on-site registration can be done at the registration desk in Nara Kasugano International Forum.
- All payments for on-site registration must be done in Japanese yen by cash or credit card (VISA, Master Card, JCB, AMEX, Diners Club).
The conference registration desk will be located in the entrance hall of Nara Kasugano International Forum.
- September 11 (Tue) 12:00-18:00
- September 12 (Wed) 9:00-17:00
- September 13 (Thu) 9:00-17:00
- September 14 (Fri) 9:00-15:30
Conference Registration Fee
- Full Society Member and Student Member rates are applied to members of the following societies: SICE, SICE supporting members, IEEE, ICROS, ISA, CAA, JEMIMA, CIS, ECTI, and ACA.
- Advance registration is required by July 1, 2018 in order to upload the final material of accepted contributions.
- The maximum number of submissions allowed by each applicant depends on the type of registration. Full registratrants may upload up to two final papers. Student registrants are allowed to upload one final paper. Extra papers may be uploaded upon payment of Extra Paper Charge of 15,000 JPY for each additional paper.
- All registered participants will receive one set of the conference proceedings on a USB flash drive.
- Member and Non-Member registrations also include the conference banquet.
- Student Member and Student Non-Member registrations do NOT include the conference banquet. If he/she wishes to join the banquet, he/she needs to buy an extra banquet ticket.
- All rates inclusive of 8% consumption tax.
(by Aug. 1)
(After Aug. 2)
|Full Society Member||45,000 JPY||55,000 JPY||2 Included||1 Included|
|Full Non-Member||60,000 JPY||70,000 JPY||2 Included||1 Included|
|Student Member||15,000 JPY||25,000 JPY||1 Included||Not Included|
|Student Non-Member||20,000 JPY||30,000 JPY||1 Included||Not Included|
|Society Member||10,000 JPY|
|Full / Student||8,000 JPY|
|Extra Page Charge||10,000 JPY / per page|
|Extra Paper Charge||15,000 JPY|
Tutorial and Workshops Registration Fee
The half-day tutorial and workshops will be held at 13:00–17:30 on September 11, 2018, at Nara Kasugano International Forum.
All rates inclusive of 8% consumption tax
|For a registrant of SICE2018||1,000 JPY|
|For a non-registrant of SICE2018
(who attends the tutorial/workshops only)
In case of cancellation on or before August 1, your registration fee will be refunded after deducting the cancellation fee (10,000 JPY). Please note all refunds will be made after the conference. Note that, after August 2, your registration fee will NOT be refunded. In any case, if your registration is used to upload your contribution (paper/video) for SICE2018, your registration fee cannot be refunded.
Disclaimer: The organizers of SICE2018 wish to obtain your prior understanding that we will not be held liable for any damages incurred by participants (such as participating fees, transportation expenses, lodging expenses) as a result of a partial revision or cancellation of all or any of the content of the meeting that occurs due to reasons beyond our control, such as act of providence, outbreak of an infectious disease, or suspension of services by the venue and transportation networks.
- All cancellations must be processed online.
- In case of cancellation, your registration fee will be refunded after deducting the cancellation fees.
|On or Before Aug. 1, 2018 (JST)||10,000 JPY|
|After Aug. 2, 2018 (JST)||100% of the registration fee (No refund)|