Established on April 8, 2005
Amended on September 16, 2005
Amended on November 22, 2016
1. Collection of personal information
We collect, to that extent necessary, information that is provided to us voluntarily by our members, contributors of journals and collections of papers, and users of our services, as well as by any persons involved in the review, selection, and commissioning of our business. When collecting personal information, we clearly specify the purpose thereof and in principle act in accordance with the intention of the person who may be identified by the information provided.
2. Use of personal information
We use the personal information that is provided to us within the scope of purposes stipulated below.
- (1) Identification, invoicing of membership dues, provision of services related to applications, invoicing of usage fees, and notification of the modification, suspension, or termination of terms and conditions, or of the cancellation of the contract, with regard to providing services for use.
- (2) Provision of information necessary for our operation such as the dispatching of notices for general meetings, ballots for elections, our journals and collections of papers, and mutual communication among the members (committee) of our organization.
- (3) In addition to the above, the provision of information concerning our various services, and the carrying out of surveys regarding improvement of our services.
However, we may use or provide the personal information provided for purposes other than for the purpose for which it was collected in any of the following cases:
- (1) When required pursuant to the provisions stipulated by laws and regulations.
- (2) With the consent of the relevant person himself/herself.
- (3) When outsourcing in whole or part the handling of personal information within the scope necessary for achieving our business purposes.
(e.g., when informing the company, to which we outsource the delivery, etc. of our services, of the name and address of the person to whom delivery is intended).
3. Management of personal information
We create appropriate personal information management manuals and enforce the provisions thereof in order to avoid disclosure to outside parties, destruction, alteration, or loss of the personal information that we collect. However, personal information which has been disclosed by the relevant person himself/herself, or which has already been made public, is not under our control.
4. Disclosure and revision of personal information
If a person to whom personal information that we have collected belongs requests the disclosure thereof, in principle we shall do as requested within a reasonable time. Also, we do not disclose personal information that is provided to us to any third parties without the consent of the relevant person himself/herself, except in exceptional circumstances.
If a person to whom personal information that we have collected belongs requests the revision, deletion, or other processing thereof, in principle we shall do as requested within a reasonable time.
5. Handling of personal information on our website
The website built by SICE (hereinafter referred to as "this website") shall be used at the user's own responsibility. We are not responsible for any damage which may arise out of or in connection with the use of various information obtained from this site or from any other website to which a link is provided from this site.
8. Inquiries regarding personal information handling
If you have any inquiries concerning personal information protection at SICE, please contact us using the details below.
Administration Office, the Society of Instrument and Control Engineers
Tel: +81-3-3292-0314 Fax: +81-3-3292-3145